Tour the Rowley House

Tour the Rowley House

MUSEUM
HISTORY

RESTORATION
NATIONAL SIGNIFICANCE

 

This elegant building on the corner of West Fourth and Walnut streets in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, was designed and built by Eber Culver for Edwin A. and Emma Rowley in 1888. The mansion at 707 West Fourth Street is prized as one of the most spectacular examples of Queen Anne Victorian architecture in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The building is open to the public by group or individual appointment.

It was one of the first houses on the street to have electric lights, bells and a dumbwaiter. The home contains elaborately carved woodwork and remains in much the same state as it did originally, having only had three owners.

 

Tour information and reservations are made by contacting the Preservation of Williamsport Foundation, Inc. or the Lycoming County Visitors Bureau.

Preservation of Williamsport
960 West Third Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
570 323 8080

or

Lycoming County Visitors Bureau
210 William Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
(800) 358 9900

Rowley House Tour

Dr. Oscar Knade, a member of the board of Preservation Williamsport, gives students from the gifted program at Curtin Middle School an introduction to the E.A. Rowley House Museum, 707 W. Fourth St.

Craig McKibben Jr./Williamsport Sun-Gazette Photographer

Rowley House Tour

Bob Elion, a member of the board of Preservation Williamsport, discusses architectural elements of the Rowley House secondary parlor to students from the gifted program at Curtin Middle School.

Craig McKibben Jr./Williamsport Sun-Gazette Photographer